Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gentian Violet


As you know, we've been battling thrush with Landry for a long time now.  We've tried every antibiotic and various amounts of the antibiotics and it never worked.  Aunt Mandy told us that they use gentian violet in the nursery at the hospital she works at, so I called the ped and she said go for it.  I talked the pharmacist at WalMart and she said it was a go, so we went for it.

It was crazy to see the inside of Landry's mouth died purple and her lips purple.  She looked lifeless with blue lips.  I actually spilt the violet in the sink (note: it stains everything) so I yelled to Jordan to get the bleach and the sink came clean but my finger nails still have purple underneath.  

It's been 3 days and the thrush looks so much better.  I'm going to keep watching it to make sure we've gotten rid of it.  If not, Aunt Mandy told us to do it every few days.  Let's cross our fingers and hope this baby girl is done with thrush forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment