Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nana's 98th Birthday

Nana (my great grandmother) turned 98 on October 9th.  Unfortunately we didn't make it to her little birthday party - sickness was preventing us from traveling.  

What a sweet woman.  I'm so glad that she has made it to see both of our girls born.  She brings back so many memories of my childhood.  My parents had us early in life, so we were able to enjoy our great grandparents for many years.  

Nana was one that took me to dance lessons, swimming lessons, taught me how to read, fed me tons of homemade food (there's just something about a grandmother's touch when cooking), never raised her voice, always put others first.  I could go on and on.  She's most known in our family for her cornbread.  Luckily everyone in the family has a handwritten copy of the recipe.  

We love you Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment