Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Ottoman & Desk

Believe me I would love to have an interior decorator come into my house and decorate my entire house and I just write a check, but that's not happening in the Griffin household.  With two kids under 3, a dog, and so much more there aren't too many reasons to spend a lot of money on furniture for this home.  We'll definitely splurge on the next home, but we have already come to the conclusion that we need furniture that will outlast our girls toddler years. 

With that theme in mind, we did a little shopping at Ikea a few weekends ago.  I wanted an ottoman for the living room, because a coffee table for sharp corners is not conducive.  

Before I wanted to get an ottoman I wanted to get Jordan a desk.  He used to have this beautiful Havertys desk in his own room in the house and then our sweet baby girl Landry came along and she took his office away.  Poor guy has been working on a card table in our bedroom for about a year now.  His coworkers couldn't believe that he didn't have a real desk.  Well I guess he's deserving of a real (kind of) desk.  I think he's much more happy and I am due to aesthetic purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment