Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Landry Mopping

As parents we all know that our children watch everything we do and say, even if we don't want them to.  As they grow you start to realize how fast and how often they pick up on things without you realizing it.  That is just the case with our little Landry Belle and mopping.

Jordan and I were cleaning house the Sunday before New Years Eve.  Jordan mopped the entire house and a fine job he did.  On New Years Eve I had to work, so Jordan kept the girls.  I get a call from Jordan during the middle of my work day and I can tell from his voice he is frustrated.

The story starts out like this.  

Courtney, you will not believe what Landry just did.  Addison told me she had to go potty, so she went by herself (we are working on her going potty without any help).  He said it was really quite for a few minutes, so he decided to check on Addison and Landry.  He realized they were in the restroom, so he walked in there to discover Landry mopping.  The girls had received a cleaning set (mop, broom, etc) from their Gingy and Landry was using the mop as she had seen her Daddy do the day before.  The important detail of this little story is that older sister Addison had not flushed the toilet after going #2 in the potty and Landry used the toilet water for her water to clean the bathroom floor.  I'll give you a second to figure that one out.

Yes, that's right...Landry was using dirty toilet water to "clean" the bathroom floor.

lolololololololol

Poor Jordan had just mopped their bathroom the day before and now he was having to do it all over again because there is poopy water on the floor.  Needless to say I was laughing so hard my eyes were watering.  Oh the things your children learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment