Thursday, December 5, 2013

Loosing 1st Tooth



I really didn't expect to be writing about Addison loosing her tooth so soon, but a little accident accelerated that life event.  I had just gotten her out of the bathtub and wrapped her up in a tile.  She stood on the bathmat waiting patiently and then for some reason all of the sudden feel face forward.  The only thing I can conclude is that she stepped forward onto the towel and went face forward.  I didn't know it was as bad as it was until I went to pick her up and there was blood everywhere and her tooth was at a 45 degree angle.  I quickly yelled for Jordan.  I think we got her dressed and into the car within 5 minutes.  Jordan called his good friend, Doctor Coates and off the two of them went to his office.  

I gathered Landry out of the bathtub and got her dressed, and we soon followed after them in my car.  Once we got there Dr. Coates calmed us down and told us to call the Pediatric Dentist in the morning. Well this momma wanted to make sure we got an appointment, so I called and left a message that night.    The night was long and the morning was even longer.  

As soon as we got to the dentist office and the dentist took a quick look, she told me it would have to be pulled because Addison couldn't eat.  I was more nervous than Addison, but she was a trooper.  She came out with a big smile and drool (great meds) and ready to go.  She was so proud.  She would be the first in her class to loose a tooth.  Now she shows us how she can fit a french fry in there.  Now we just wait and see how long it will take to get her adult tooth in there.  The baby tooth was not ready to come out at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment