Monday, May 7, 2012

Western Day

On Addison's 3rd Birthday (April 23rd) it was Western Day at MDO.  You would think that since I'm from small town USA that the girls would have cowboy boots, but they don't.  Therefore, I had the task of coming up with a way to bring the "western" to the Griffin household.  What comes to your mind when you think of western?  Handkerchief right?  So pink handkerchiefs and blue jeans it was.  


All of the balloons were in Addison's room for her birthday that morning.  I got up extra early to blow them up and set them in her room so they'd be there when she woke up.  Wouldn't you know that little stinker heard ONE balloon drop and she was wide awake.  So much for surprises.  Needless to say, we spent a lot of quality time together just the two of us that morning.  Instead of going for a run before getting ready for work, cartoons it was.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  (Oh how I could write a whole post on time with my children - maybe I'll get that soon.)


No comments:

Post a Comment