Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Vegas Baby

To celebrate my 30th birthday Jordan and I decided to head to Vegas for a few days to getaway and mainly to go to the Garth Brooks concert.  I know you're thinking - really?  Yes, really.  Garth Brooks was awesome.

We stayed at Aria.  It's a new hotel and has a lot of cool features.  You could control the tv, lights, curtains, temperature, etc. from the tv remote.  Everything was digital.  So cool!


A little something from Aria to say Happy Birthday - thanks babe

The first night we were there we decided to go to Fremont Street in downtown Vegas.  You hear about the light show and how they supposedly redid the Golden Nugget (not too impressed if they did).

Shark Tank at Golden Nugget - inside the pool
  

Thursday morning we rented a car and drove to Hoover Dam.  Wow.  What an amazing site and accomplishment, especially during those times.  I'm so glad we went.  It's one of those things you're not sure if you should take the time to experience, but it was worth it.





We had a great time.  Jordan and I both agreed that it will be a long time before we go back to Vegas unless it's for work or something that is paid for.  The naps everyday were great but Garth topped off the trip.  I wish I had pictures of the concert, but they wouldn't allow any photos.  We read the reviews before we went and let me just say, it's just as good as the reviews state.  He is absolutely hilarious and oh how the songs bring back childhood memories.  Jordan's not a big Garth fan and he loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment