Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Addison's First Peticure

When my parents were in town, my mom and I decided we needed pedicures.  Well little Miss Addison did not want to take a nap, so she was invited to partake in some big girl time getting pedicures.  It's so hard for me to think that she's old enough to get a pedicure.  Believe me, we are not making this a normal routine.  I sent Jordan pictures while we were there and he said that we were creating a monster.  He can already see $$$$ when it comes to hair, nails, makeup, etc. for the girls  Don't worry Dad, we've got a few more years until that all begins.  


We had the best time.  It was so neat to watch her eyes glow as she got to experience a pedicure.  She felt on top of the world.  She knew that she was getting to do something special, and MeeMaw and Mommy were making it that much more special.  


She started off just soaking her feet in the water and then a little bit later they starting painting her toes (she picked out blue).  She did very well at sitting still, but really wanted to put her feet back in the water.  After some convincing that she would get to put her feet back in the water after her toes were dry she was okay.  The highlight of the trip - putting her feet in the water while sitting in her own chair.


It's moments like these that I look forward to sharing those memories with my girls together and individually.  I write these posts for our family to remember those moments, but there are some moments that will always be in your heart.  Those moments could be just a smile from your child or you watching your child engage in some type of activity and them not knowing that you're watching.  It's that mental snapshots that I will always hold dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment